Viper Hovercraft has been manufacturing carbon fiber (or carbon fibre) hovercraft for nearly, starting with racing hovercraft in the 90's. then producing the worlds first carbon fiber production hovercraft, the 4XR in early 2002.
The Viper 5XR is made from Carbon Fiber and further reinforced with ballistics grade Kelvar in critical areas such as the lower hull, lifting and mounting points. The Viper 5XR features plenty of exposed carbon fiber to add detail, but we have still maintained a durable, high quality gel coat finish where necessary.
The Viper 5XR hovercraft is fitted with worlds best 100hp, 3 cylinder, water cooled two stroke engine. This engine is commonly used in small helicopters and light aircraft. This engine is the most suitable 100hp two stroke engine on the market for small hovercraft. The engine is light, quiet, efficient and has exceptionally long engine life. The engine will certainly out last and out perform cheaply made turbo four stroke engines of simular capacity. We also use this same engine configuration in our 5X and rescue hovercraft, as the engine has proven to be highly reliable. We have further refined the engine by fitting dual ignition as standard.
The Viper 5XR is responsive with exceptional high speed control and stability in all conditions. The Viper 5XR has the best power to weight of any hovercraft in its class. Our 5XR, like all our models is easy to fly and requires very little power to maintain cruise speeds in windy and choppy conditions.
The Viper 5XR is suited to those who are looking for the ultimate in performance and efficiency.
A 130hp four stroke option is also available on request.
Viper 5XR features :
- Capacity to seat five adults & gear in comfort
- Enclosed electrical and engine air-intake filtration system
- Externally vented and removable aluminium fuel tank
- High gloss, marine grade gel coat finish
- Tooth belt drive system with torsional dampener
- Unique 5XR logos
- Large storage capacity
- High bouyancy capacity
- GRP/ Carbon fiber / Kevlar composite Hull and components
- Carbon Fiber Dash
- Carbon Fiber control vanes
- Carbon Fiber flow straighteners
- Carbon Fiber Elevator system
- Galvanised engine frame
- Aluminium coated exhaust system with silencer
- Colours - White, Central Blue, Safety yellow, Signal red, Chrome green and more
- Forward and rear deck cleats
- Forward tow point
- Gunwale to provide Impact protection
- Elevator system
- Flow straighteners
- Molded carbon fiber light bar and exhaust cover
- Auto bilge pump (500gph)
- Orange strobe light
- Cockpit hand rails
- Deck and floor anti-slip finish
- Quality coated nylon skirting
- Hour meter
- Fuel level gauge
- Water temperature gauge
- Choke control (on handle bar)
- 12 Volt external outlet
- Operator manual and log book
- 15 spare skirt segments
- Spare ignition key
- Navigations lights
- Oil injection
- Fuel injection
- Pull start (without Dual Ignition only)
- Forward compartments
- Forward foot wells